Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Guest bloggers

Many people ask me how our kids feel about the adoption...are they excited?  OF COURSE!!  Everyday they ask me how much longer until their sister comes home.  So, I thought I would let them tell you in their own words.  Below are their very own blog posts, which they were oh so excited to create...independently written (or spoken in Maura's case)...and completely unedited.  ENJOY...

By Riley: (my boy of few, yet always meaningful words!)
Hi guys i'm REALLY excited for our new sister Audra I can't wait!
It's gonna be great having a new person to play with around the house.

By Aidan:
An adoption is helping other people that have no family. It is like being a hero, you are getting a child and you're saving the child and the child is bringing joy to your family. The kid is in a foster home when you live in a home that probably has nice toy and games, the foster home has toys that many people have used. Same thing with games, and remember they don't have a home that's why you should really adopt, it's being a hero to the child. Everyone wants the kid to be like them and do stuff with them like me. I want Audra to play sports with me and video games with me and my brother. And my sister wants to teach Audra how to do girl sports. But it is not important about that it is most important that you're adopting a kid...they want a family.

By Maura:
My sister is gonna play with my toys everyday. Even when I go at school. Her gonna have a lot of friends. Her gonna be my sister. And also, we're gonna have a birthday for her. And also we're gonna give her a lot of presents and a welcome party. My sister loves me and my family. And her also is gonna like me too. And then, her is gonna go with me at school. And also, we're gonna love her so much, and everyone else is gonna love her.

Straight out of the mouths of my babes.  Oh, how I love them...and they way they love their sister so much already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment