Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Friday, February 21, 2014

a whole new world!

Audra got her much anticipated glasses today :)


When I first put them on her she just stood there...looking all around...taking everything in.

Oh, how I wonder what was going through her sweet little mind.

She is farsighted, which means she can see things that are far away, but everything up close is blurry for her.

Now, with her glasses on, I am so excited for her...

...to see the food on her plate
...to see what she is coloring on paper
...to see the pages of books I read to her

But most of all, I am so happy that she can now see clearly the faces of all those who love her so dearly.

I was worried about how we would fit both her hearing aids and the glasses on her petite little ears...but she is managing just fine.  In fact, she did NOT want to take her glasses off tonight.  I had to encourage her, promising her that she would get to wear them again tomorrow.  And everyday after that!

As of today...Audra can hear AND see better! 

It must be a whole new world for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment