Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, June 14, 2014

My beautiful ballerinas

Today was Maura and Audra's dance recital. 
 
This was Maura's 4th dance recital,
and Audra's very first dance recital!

Maura danced to "Fairytale Lullaby"

Audra 'danced' to "Pony on the Merri-Go-Round"

At the dress rehersal last night I caught both of them watching the big girls dancing on the stage...
What must have been going through their minds?!

Walking in to the auditorium for their big day...
 
Backstage, waiting for their turns on stage...
 
Audra was a willing participant,
(which is more than I could have hoped for)
but she must have wondered what all the fancy costumes
and the huge auditorium full of people was all about.
 
I really didn't have high expectations going into the show.
I was just hoping she would actually go on the stage,
and then stay on the stage.
 
Well, she made my heart swell with pride...
she was smiling,
clapping,
kicking,
and
twirling!
 
She is just amazing.
To think what her life was just a little over a year ago,
and then to see her up there on that stage
enjoying herself,
with a smile that lights up my world...
is priceless!
 

Oh, how I love these beautiful ballerinas!

No comments:

Post a Comment