Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Numbers...

Audra's latest stats from her visits to the pediatrician and dentist today...

9.7
How much Audra weighed in kilograms today
(AKA:  21 lbs 6 oz. which is only 4 oz more than last week)
I swear, we really have been feeding her double cheeseburgers with fries and a milkshake EVERY.single.day...where is she putting it?!  Maybe I can have her metabolism...she surely doesn't need it!

9.8
Audra's hemoglobin level today!!!
Up from 6.9 last Wednesday...WOW!  Such good news.  Yay for iron supplements :)  I just knew it was going to be a good number when the nurse said her blood "looked good" today.  Not to mention the gorgeous pink lips she has been sporting the past few days!

6+
The number of cavities the dentist could see with just a quick peek into Audra's mouth...before she managed to clench her jaws shut with no chance of getting another look.  Yikes!  Not a surprise to me though, with the way she hates having her teeth brushed I'm sure she didn't have them brushed too often in China.  The dentist is arranging to have all her dental work done in the operating room at CHOP under anesthesia.  I'm guessing her cavity count will be up to at least 10 once they get a good look in there.




This afternoon was our first post-placement visit with the adoption agency social worker.  It was supposed to be held one month after we adopted her, but that date came...and went...about four weeks ago.  Oh well, we've been a bit busy and preoccupied with the health of a certain little someone.  Many of the standard questions she is required to ask us just seemed so silly...considering Audra really has only been home for the past seven days...even though she has been "home" for six weeks.   

I remember how crazed I was before her visits for our home study (almost one year ago to the day...June 7, 2012)...I cleaned every cupboard, closet, baseboard, door knob, frame on the wall, light switch plate, spindle on the stair railing...you get the point.  Oh my, I am exhausted just writing all of that!

This time I *think* I picked up most of the toys that were thrown all around the house.  I hope I vacuumed up most of the dust bunnies in the corners of every room.  And I know that I did NOT wash the hand towels in the powder room!  Such is life...real life...with four wild, wacky, wonderful kiddos!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So glad to hear that things are going well. We're doing great here at Day 45.
    Congratulations to us both, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day 45...amazing! So very happy for Emily, and the rest of your gang!

      Delete