Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A little bit of beach

My brother got married last weekend...
in North Carolina...on the beach :)

And since we didn't do our annual trip to Outer Banks this year, we were really looking forward to going to the wedding and getting a little beach time in...even if it was only for a few days.

Just the girls and I went, we drove down on Friday with my parents.
Here we are about 3 hours into the trip and everyone was still smiling!


My dad and I traded off driving and navigating, 
while my mom had entertainment duty in the back seat.

8 hours and many snacks, games and naps later...
we arrived!!
First thing we did after unloading the car was head to the beach!


Lucky for us, the hotel we stayed at was on the beach so it was just a few steps to the sand and water.

Saturday was the rehearsal luncheon.
I loved dressing the girls all "beachy". 

Family selfie at the luncheon:
Tyler (nephew), Steve (brother), Brandie (sis-in-law), Mom, Dad, Me, (Audra hiding somewhere), Maura, Moriah (niece), Mike (brother)
Oh, there she is...
little sleeping beauty!

After the luncheon we went straight back to the beach...
...to collect seashells,
...and splash in the waves.


After some fun in the sun, we put on proper local attire and found a great little restaurant for dinner.

Sunday morning (Wedding Day) we squeezed in a little bit more beach time before the big event.

We built sand castles...

and Maura made her own puddles for jumping in.

We also spent time at the hotel's pool complex.  There was an outdoor pool, a kiddie pool, a lazy river and an indoor pool with a hot tub!  We made the rounds and visited each one :)

By early afternoon it was time to get ready for the main event.
My sweet girls looking all fancy and so excited to be going to a wedding.

The wedding was outdoor, on the beach, and it was quite windy!  We had to stand in just the right direction for pictures so the wind didn't blow our hair into our faces.

Maura and Moriah collected shells before the ceremony...
(and they had matching mint green attire...totally not planned!)

It's official!
The new Mr. & Mrs.

My parents with some of their grandkids...
(someday we have to get a picture of them with the whole gang!)


My and my pretty girls:

Maura and Aunt Brownie taking a selfie:

Here's the end result:

Maura and Moriah owing the dance floor:


The Mrs. Riley's
They had the cutest wine glasses that you could write on with chalk,
My mom..."the original Mrs. Riley"
My sister-in-law Brandie..."the other Mrs. Riley"
and my newest sister in law...the bride,Valerie..."the new Mrs. Riley"
(wish I got a picture of that one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment