Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The 3rd Day of School

For the first time ever, 
I missed the first day of school.
My grandmother passed away and her funeral was on the kids' first day of school...
in Minnesota.

It was a bit of a mad rush getting all the last minute things done before I flew to Minnesota for a few days.
I had to finish off buying the school supplies,
pack all the backpacks,
stock up on lunch box essentials,
lay out the first day of school clothes,
and make arrangements to have all of Audra's medicines and medical supplies delivered to the school nurse on the first day.

When all was said and done,
they survived the first day of school without me.
And I bet they were happy not to have me following them like the paparazzi, taking pictures from the front porch all the way to the bus stop!

But, oh the THIRD day of school...
this momma was back and she {more than} made up for it!

Riley's 3rd day of high school

I can't even believe that my first born,
my baby boy...is in high school!
Where oh where did all those years go??

Aidan's 3rd day of middle school

Maura's 3rd day of second grade

Audra's 3rd day of kindergarten

Having four kids in four different schools this year means our morning routine includes four different buses that come from 6:40am to 8:30am.
Yep...it takes almost two hours to get all the kiddos onto their buses in the morning...

6:40am Riley's bus stop:

7:20am Aidan's bus stop:

8:10am Maura's bus stop:

So sweet...Audra tags along to Maura's bus stop and of course she HAD to bring her backpack too!

8:30am Audra's bus stop:
Her bus stop is actually our driveway...she gets special transportation because she doesn't attend the neighborhood school.  She is in the Life Skills classroom at the elementary school just a bit north of Maura's elementary school.

Phew...now that they're all off to school I need to get myself ready for the day,
or maybe I should take a nap first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment