Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, January 23, 2016

Maura's 8th birthday

A big 'ole blizzard was pounding down on us today so we spent the day cooped up inside.  Well...some crazy kids may have braved the elements and gone outside for a bit.
But not me, I stayed inside where it was warm and cozy...and baked!
I am so glad that I chose to have Maura's birthday party with friends next weekend.  She would have been so upset since we would have HAD to cancel/re-schedule it.

Maura was excited to help me make her birthday cake,
but she ended up doing most of it herself!

Ready to bake a cake...

Mixing the cake batter...

Ready to go in the oven...

Finished baking and time to come out of the oven...

Spreading the icing...

and decorating with sprinkles...

The finished product...
...a Cupcake Cake for my 8 year old,
made by my 8 year old!

Cake time, with a pile of presents...

Make a wish...

Later in the day she told me that her wish came true!
She had wished to have fun on her birthday,
and she DID!

No comments:

Post a Comment