Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Sunday, May 7, 2017

Maura's 1st Communion

Today was a beautiful day!
 
May sweet girl Maura received her
First Communion
 
My mom spent many hours cutting, sewing and stitching her dress which was a labor of love.  She used the remaining fabric from my wedding dress skirt to create this beautiful, one of a kind dress for Maura.  She even added a pleated waistband similar to the one my wedding dress had, and hand sewed tiny crystals around the neckline.
She had previously used some of my wedding dress to make Maura's baptismal gown, so now all that remains is the bodice.  I'm sure we'll think of something to use that for someday!
And Maura is wearing my exact wedding veil,  no alterations needed (except a few soft pink flowers added by grandma :)
 
-
 

Maura with her grandparents

My with my beautiful girl

 

After mass we had everyone over to celebrate our girl and her big blessing...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment