Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Sunday, May 14, 2017

The ones who make me a Momma

Today I am celebrated as a mother because of 4 special ones that call me Mom !!
 
My quick trip home was refreshing and relaxing. 
But also included some necessary food shopping, laundry and bill paying.
I got to spend a little time with each of these 3 who I hadn't seen since Tuesday morning when I got them off to school. 
At the time I had no idea that I would be bringing Audra back to the hospital just a few short hours later.  These 3 are so resilient, tolerant and patient when it comes to all the extra time and attention that Audra requires.
 
This morning we had a yummy brunch at my sister's house with her family and our parents.   Then Sean, the kids and I all headed down to CHOP to visit Audra {with lots of tasty leftovers packed up for me to enjoy instead of the usual hospital food}.

We walked in to find her like this...
exactly how I left her 24 hours prior!

Me with all 4 of my little loves...
 
Audra did seem happy to see her brothers and sissy but she was still so very tired and had trouble keeping her eyes open for longer than 20 minutes.  Maura took her on a few laps around the unit in her favorite car ride push cart.
 
Other than that she napped...
and napped...
and napped !!
 
Sounds like the plan for tomorrow is to cut one of her meds in half to see if that helps with her sleepiness.  She is also due for her weekly immunoglobulin infusion.  Other than that we continue to wait for the results of the blood tests that were sent last week and the week before...

No comments:

Post a Comment