Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pumpkin Patch

October seems to be flying by and Maura just reminded me today that she hasn't been to a pumpkin patch yet.  I totally forgot that she wasn't with us at Corn Cob Acres.  And she was not going to be happy if she didn't pick out a pumpkin and carve it before Halloween.  So I dragged my tired self out of the house with a smile on my face {I worked 7pm-3am light/this morning}.
 
 
And it wasn't hard to keep a smile on my face with these two as my company...
 
We went to a small local pumpkin patch which was perfect!
Maura could pull Audra around the patch in a wagon,
and Audra could sit pretty like a princess.
 



 


And we can't resist a good old Corn Maze...

 
Back home and ready to carve...
 
Maura ended up doing the small pumpkin Audra had picked out at Corn Cob Acres.
She wanted to do a pumpkin all by herself...
so I convinced her that the smaller one would be easier
{less "guts" to clean out}.
 

Daddy carved the bigger round one we picked out today.
And Blitz, well he supervised.

The finished products...
Maura also picked out a small white pumpkin today which we decorated with a kit of colorful adhesives.  I might like that one best!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment