Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School

A certain someone has been really, really, REALLY excited about going to Kindergarten.
Last night before bed we read:
"The Night Before Kindergarten"...more than once.
 
This morning that same certain little someone was up at the crack of dawn,
ready to get dressed in a "pretty dress" and get the day started.
 
Me...I wasn't quite as ready...to get up...
or for her to be a Kindergartner.
 

The first one off to school this morning was my
7th Grader, Riley
7:20am 
The bus picks him up right at our house:
 
Next in line to head off to school
 was my favorite 4th grader, Aidan
8:05am
He gets the bus at the corner with all the other neighborhood kids:
 
And finally, my big girl...my kindergartner, Maura
 I have to drop her off at school each day at 8:45am
(no buses for kindergartners in our district)
and then pick her up just under 3 hours later.
Just enough time to get into the groove of accomplishing something,
but not enough time to actually accomplish that said something!
 
Maura and her BFF walking into school together:
This one still gets me misty-eyed...10 hours later!

No comments:

Post a Comment