Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day #5...groundhog day

Not much is happening here...

Today feels just like yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that...
In fact, I'm not quite sure what day it is today!

Audra's drain is still putting out too much.
She is still on the IV nutrition
and
She still can't eat.

She and I are both getting a bit of cabin fever.  It's hard to be in the hospital room all.day.long.

But leaving her room is like a double edge sword...
we NEED to get out of this room for our sanity, but every time I take her out, inevitably, she lays her eyes on food or drink!

The meal tray cart wheels by,

other rooms have their doors wide open with people eating inside,

or a staff member or visitor stops to comment on how cute Audra is...with a drink in their hand.  Audra points and "says" something...
I brush them off quickly and move on. 
I am sure just about everyone thinks I am rude. 

And me...I'm a closet eater this week.  This is survival eating as I call it. 
In the bathroom,
Behind a curtain,
and
ONLY while she is asleep!

And even then...I feel guilty. 

One "safe" location is the playroom...with it's "No food or drink" sign on the door.  Today Audra made an owl:

I'm looking forward to Monday, when there's bound to be some news. 
And then this groundhog day can end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment