Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Friday, November 29, 2013

My Blessings

I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving!
 
This year, even more so than any other year, I am feeling abundantly blessed.

As I sit and count my blessings I am in awe of how very fortunate our family is.

And I am thankful!


For my smart, funny, kind 12 year old boy, Riley

For my silly, friendly, energetic 9 year old boy, Aidan

For my tiny but mighty, brave and resilient 6 year old little girl, Audra

For my sweet, feisty, imaginative 5 (going on 15) year old big girl, Maura.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family at my parents house.  Audra looked adorable in her "turkey dress".  And she was thrilled when the buffet of food was ready for her consumption.  Her eyes were wide...but her smile was wider!  She ate some of everything...actually, ALOT of everything.  She tried it all!  And by the end she was looking very stuffed.  So, in true American post-Thanksgiving meal tradition...she took a nap!



Our day was good!
Blessings to you and your family...

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    We are french and our little girl is in the Maonan orphanage(born in october 2012).Could you please send us children's photos or videos? Merci beaucoup! labat.sophie@wanadoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    Thanks so much for your sweet post on my blog. Looks like you all have had a tough few months. I'm so happy to see that cutie pie Audra is doing better now. Love her turkey dress! :)

    ReplyDelete