Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Wednesday, December 10, 2014

1st infusion at home

Tonight was Audra's first home infusion of SCIg.  A home care nurse arrived at 6:30pm.  First we had to complete some paperwork...consents, insurance forms and such.  Then the nurse examined Audra....the obligatory temperature, blood pressure, weight and height check.

When it was time to prepare the medication I pulled out all the supplies that had been delivered earlier in the week....

medication
syringes
tubing
needles
dressings
pump
alcohol preps
sharps container

I laid out everything we would need for tonight's infusion and the nurse looked at me as if to say "go ahead".
Alrighty...I can do this...I am a nurse...

The preparation of the medication is actually quite easy.  Except that it is quite thick, which makes it challenging to pull up into the syringe and remove air bubbles from.  And to think that something so viscous needs to be injected into Audra to keep her healthy?!

Then it was time to insert the needle.  Our delivery of supplies only included single needles, not double needles like they used at the hospital last week.  So we would have to inject the entire 10ml of thick antibody goodness into one area of my skinny girl.

Again...I got the "go ahead" look from the home care nurse.  Silly me, I thought we were going to ease our way into doing the infusions by ourselves.

once Audra was more comfortable with the process...
once her mama was more comfortable with the process!

Sure, I know HOW to insert a needle...but inserting a needle on my own little girlie is so.very.different!

To my surprise Audra did much better than I anticipated.  She still fought and we had to hold her down, but the minute the needle was in she was FINE.  She wanted to keep the site covered with her blanket and wasn't to happy when I checked on it every so often.  The infusion took about 1.5 hours and then the fun of getting the needle out started.  The home care nurse had left before the infusion was done, she had deemed us competent enough to manage on our own!  Lucky us.

I really think Audra was more bothered by pulling the dressing off her skin than the actual needle removal.  Once the needle was out and safely stowed in the sharps container (these needles don't have a safety lock to prevent accidental  pokes) we tucked her in for the night and she fell asleep fast and hard.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, coeliac disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete