Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Infusion Day #1

Audra did very well today with her first immune globulin infusion.  
(her super power antibody infusion as I told her)

I picked her up from school just before lunch time and she just knew it probably wasn't a good thing.  (Well, really, it IS a good thing...but there's probably no convincing her of that!)  She procrastinated a bit by taking some extra time saying her goodbyes and then reluctantly took my hand as we walked to the car.  

I had picked up a happy meal for her to eat on the way down to the hospital but she must have been really nervous because she wouldn't eat.  And Audra not wanting to eat is like...Stop the Press!!  Breaking News!!

The day medicine unit where the infusion was done is very nice.  She was in her own little cubicle with a recliner-type chair and a TV.  I brought plenty of activities and snacks to keep her entertained so we were set.  

Then it was time to begin...

Audra has been around hospitals enough during her 19 months home to pick up on the subtle clues pretty quickly...
the nurse puts gloves on
another nurse enters the room
they gather supplies from the cart

She was not happy and she let us know!

This sweet little girl needed 4 nurses to hold her still while two nurses put a needle in each of her thighs.  

Tiny but oh.so.mighty!  That's my girl :)

Once the needles were in we covered her legs with a blanket and it was like nothing ever happened...
~snacks in hand
~Doc McStuffins on TV
...all was well.

The infusion took one hour and she tolerated it beautifully.  I had pre-hydrated her last night and this morning with extra water in her g-tube to hopefully prevent some of the nasty side effects:  nausea/vomiting, headache, body aches, etc.  They said she may be more tired than usual, and I think she was.  Our "little tornado" was more like a gently breeze the rest of the day.  She is definitely sore at the infusion sites and won't let me go near them.  

We were "gifted" with many things on this first infusion day ...
~ books and a DVD from the Immune Deficiency Foundation for me (looks like I have some homework to do!)
~ a binder for organizing all of Audra's medical information
~a cute little stuffed monkey with play infusion supplies for Audra (from the company who make the immune globulin)

Infusion #1 was a success.
Infusion #2 at home next week.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, coeliac disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete