Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Sunday, December 18, 2016

The 3rd weekend of December

North Pole Express
I've often wanted to but I never have taken my kids to the
North Pole Express train ride near our house.
So I really wanted to take Maura before she outgrows the magic of Christmas and Santa.
My sister and I took our bigger girls and our mom.
I didn't bring Audra because I figured being stuck on a train with a jolly ole' man she fears wouldn't be fun for her or anyone else on the train!
 
Maura and Tatum waiting to board the train...


 
I knew we would get good use out of those matching jammies!
{Cousin love}
 
It was so much fun to have grandma with us!
 
That moment when you first glimpse Santa is magical for everyone!

Santa spent time talking with each family/group.
And besides the usual...
"have you been a good girl"
and
"what do you want for Christmas"
he talked to the kids about the magic of Christmas and what it means to believe.
Loved this !!
 

Christmas Lights
Every year we pile in the car with hot chocolate and popcorn and drive around local neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights.
And we have learned which houses put on the best displays.
This house has their lights set up to music you can turn to on the radio.
Cars line up on both sides of their street to watch the show every night.
Their poor neighbors!
 
And this house just went all out with lights, no music,
but they had Santa and his reindeer on the roof,
a nativity scene, and tons of inflateables

Elfie
It's been three weeks since his arrival and Elfie is still keeping us entertained.
He's not too naughty, which I like,
but Maura wouldn't mind seeing more shenanigans from him!

 
Sometimes he even brings little presents
like this Playmobil Santa sleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment