Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Thursday, December 8, 2016

Tree trimming and baking

 The kids have been asking for days {maybe even weeks} to put up the Christmas tree.
And tonight we actually had a free night without sports or CCD!
 
It always seems like such a big project,
but now that the kids are old enough to help
it really just requires some adult supervision...
and rearrangement of special/fragile/sentimental ornaments to sturdy, high branches!
 
The kids even helped bring the ornament boxes up from the basement.
There are those matching Christmas jammies again...

 



 
 
 
 

 
Our pretty little tree...
 
This week we also managed to get started on some Christmas baking.
Whitney was over one afternoon so the girls made their own Christmas cookies while I did some baking of my own.
 
I thought I took a picture of my kitchen table full of drying chocolate covered goodies,
but I can't seem to find it on my camera or phone.
Here's a sample of the sweet treats I made for family, friends and teachers.
{rice krispie treats courtesy of my little baking helpers}

No comments:

Post a Comment