Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, April 6, 2013

We're HERE!!!

I have finally managed to make my way through the "Great Firewall" of China and can now access my blog...so let me catch you up to speed:


On Thursday, April 4th, we left home at 5:00am in a rental car headed for JFK International Airport.  My nerves were getting the best of me the whole ride.  We arrived at the airport around 7:30am and were able to get checked in and get through security without any problem.  Here is how the rest of our travel day went:

10:05am    Take off from JFK
11:30am    brunch is served
6:30pm      dinner is served
11:00pm    snack bag (water, fruit and granola bar)
2:15pm      arrived at Hong Kong International airport, local time was 2:15pm but it felt like 2:15am
(we had just finished the first 16 hour leg of  our journey)
4:30pm      depart Hong Kong for Beijing
7:30pm      arrive in Beijing
9:00pm      check in at hotel........28 hours after we left home!!!
 
Ready for take-off!
 
"brunch" on the plane
 
Landing in Beijing
 

The long 16 hour flight was very smooth, it really never even felt as though we were flying.  Each seat had it's own touch screen monitor, and we were able to watch many movies and t.v. shows...I watched 11 episodes of the show Up All Night.  Towards the end I was definitely getting a bit antsy...I wasn't able to sleep at all on the flight, and I was starting to get uncomfortable.  We were careful to drink plenty and get up to walk in the the aisle often, but still...you can only take so long in economy class! 

The Beijing Hotel lobby...love the lanterns!
 
 
The view from our 14th floor room
 
Our room
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment