Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Wednesday, May 15, 2013

today's update

The results from Audra's full body MRI that was done yesterday are in...

There were no signs of any infection...anywhere.

Not the results we were hoping for.

So now we move on...continuing to search for the culprit of this nasty illness that has been pestering her for 19 days now.  She went all day Monday and Tuesday without a fever.  This morning she woke up with a fever.  And tonight she had another high one.  Thankfully, she did not experience any shaking or cry out in pain with these last two fevers.  I am ok with the fevers as long as she doesn't have to suffer through them.  Hopefully the medication she is taking will continue to suppress the fevers and the terrible symptoms that come with them. 

The next step is to make sure that this illness is not leukemia. Tomorrow Audra will have a bone marrow biopsy.

Prayers are needed, please!

6 comments:

  1. I woke up and search for your blog ...praying that they have found the nasty infection! I will continue to pray that they find an answer that is NOT a malignancy! Hugs to you and Audra!
    Kathie in NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathie-
      Thank you for checking in on Audra and continuing to pray. That is the best gift anyone could give us right now!
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. I've been praying for Audra all day. I can't help but think that no matter what is ahead for her, it is so good she has her family to go through it with her. Can you imagine Audra being alone with this mystery illness in China? I have to think God placed her in your family at just the right time for her to have the best care possible. I will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prayers are greatly appreciated! I also believe that this is all in God's perfect timing.

      Delete
  3. Shannon, we met in Guangzhou and my husband and I were in Hangzhou with Tim and Dawn. We adopted Lexi. You guys have constantly been on my mind, and I just wanted you to know that we are praying for Audra and for you guys as well. Hoping you will find answers soon and that these fevers will just disappear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      It is so good to hear from you! Thank you for following along and offering your prayers for our sweet girl. I hope your beautiful Lexi is transitioning well.
      Shannon

      Delete