Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Monday, July 8, 2013

3 months

Today is our 3 month "Familyversary"!!!

91 days...
3 months...
1/4 of a year!

How can it possibly be...say it isn't so!  Where has the time gone already?  If I could, I would slow time down...I want to savor every.single.moment.  Maybe it's because we didn't get to experience Audra's first 5 years with her...so I feel the need to take in every moment of every minute of every day.  I want to cherish every "first" she has with us. 

It is so amazing...amazing that 3 months ago we were strangers to her (and she to us) and now it is as if we have always known each other...always been family.  But I suppose we HAVE always been family...always destined to be a part of each others lives.  Even if we didn't know it all along...we have always been connected by a red thread.  Blessed beyond belief!  Sometimes I have to pinch myself...really!

In other (somewhat unrelated) news...I confess:

I'm a photo-aholic....I fully admit it.  But I am never going to change.

Yes, I am that mom, the one who follows her kids with a camera in tow at each and every sporting event, activity, party and holiday... desperately seeking to capture each and every precious memory on still image...to have for a lifetime.  Yes, I take pictures incessantly at times...but 20 years from now I will have no regrets.  Instead I will smile incessantly as I look through oodles of pictures of my beautiful children at every stage of life. 

I am also a portrait snob.  Yes, those are my kids that you see at the portrait studio just about every month having their pictures taken...birthdays, holidays, seasonal...or maybe for no particular reason at all...expect to capture their sweet little faces.  This past Saturday we took Audra and Charlotte for their first portraits.  I wasn't sure how they would react to the studio, props, lighting and camera.  So I went in prepared to hopefully get just one decent picture of the two of them together that I could use my $7.99 coupon for.  Both girls in the same shot, both looking in the direction of the camera, and maybe...just maybe both would smile at the same time!

But then I saw these...and how could I say no to any of them:



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Lucky me...I'll be able to look at these sweet faces forever and ever...and I will never tire of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment