Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, July 13, 2013

The start of our party weekend...

We have been anticipating my sister's wedding for quite some time.  Friday night was finally "the night"!  She had always wanted Maura to be her flower girl.  And before we even brought Audra home she told us she wanted to include her as well.  We weren't sure how comfortable Audra would be with her new family and home after only three months...so we had no idea if she would be comfortable being a flower girl.  Before we traveled to China I ordered Maura's dress...and one for Audra too, just in case! 
 
Well, our girl does love being the center of attention, but we were a bit surprised how well she did.  She walked down the aisle while holding big brother, Aidan's hand...he was the ring bearer.  She didn't drop any of the petals from her basket but she was so adorable no one even noticed!  Once they made it to the end of the aisle she stood right next to me and held my hand during the ceremony.  My parents were sitting in the first row directly across from us and about 10 minute into the ceremony they were whispering to me that she was falling asleep.  Yep...falling asleep standing up, in her big frilly dress.  I could feel her leaning in close to me and every so often her knees would buckle a bit and that would wake her up.  I sure hope the photographer captured that moment!
 
My sweet Audra...
 
 My beautiful big girl, Maura...
 
 My girls with my mom...
 
 Loving each other...
 
Pretty as princesses...
 
 The flower girls with big brother Aidan, the ring bearer...
 
Maura kissing the bride!  Her Auntie Kristy...
 
 Our family...
 
 Charlotte had the time of her life, and danced the night away!
 
 Audra being the center of attention...and loving it!
 
Happily ever after...the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment