Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Thursday, August 29, 2013

Audra's 1st day of Pre-school

Today my little girl took a huge step. 
She is becoming a "big girl" right before my eyes...almost overnight!
 
Today's was Audra's 1st day of pre-school.
 
 
She seemed excited to go when I talked to her about it.  But I wasn't sure if she really knew what I was talking about...what "going to school" meant.

 
I am so glad she is at the same pre-school my other kids went to.  AND she is in the very same classroom with the very same teacher Maura had until just last month.  Audra has gone with many times to drop Maura off and pick her up, so she is familiar with the building, the people and the routine.
 
She recognized Miss Anne right away, took her hand, and walked into the classroom with her.


 
 
She was so excited to have her very own backpack, and a cubby with her name at school.
 
 
Her teacher said she did well on her first day.  She followed directions and participated. 
And not one tear!
 
When she got home three and a half hours later she climbed up on the couch and fell right to sleep.
 
Pre-school is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment