Chinese proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
(ancient Chinese proverb)


Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bears and Birthdays...

I have been anxious to get the girls to Build-A-Bear for their first time.  I had promised to take Charlotte for her birthday (I know I'm a little late) and my girls had gift certificates given to them by Audra's godmother. 
Maura has been there many times...she is a pro!  She helped explain each step of "building a bear" to Charlotte and Audra.  The "bear stuffer" who worked there was so patient with the three girls and gave each girl (and they stuffed friend) extra special attention. 
Audra was a not a fan of the stuffing machine...but then, when no one was looking, she went over and stepped on the pedal on the floor...and stuffing went flying all over the store.  It looked like it snowed in the store!  Never a dull moment!  You have to watch that little one..when she's being quiet she's usually being sneaky!
 
Getting the new friends stuffed...
 
Kissing their hearts and making a wish before stitching them up...

 
Charlotte with "Baby" and Maura with "Cutie"...
...yes, Maura "Built-a-Pony" (not a bear!)

 
 Audra with "Princess"...
  
"Fluffing" their fur...
 
Dressing their new friends...


 
 Creating the new friends' birth certificates...

Packed up and ready for the ride home...

 
Tonight we celebrated Riley's birthday with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. 
He turned 12 this past Thursday...12 years old!!
My birthday was on the 13th, so of course my mom made sure I had my very own cake.
Not so sure how I feel about those number candles on my cake though!
I tried to swap them around to make Riley 13 and me 27...I was willing to give Riley one year for me to lose 10 years! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment